Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Stress



Stress has become part and parcel of our life. What happens when you are stressed out? Headache? Not just headache. For example, look at this:

Me sitting in front of the doc, about seven years ago


Me: Doctor, I cant see properly…. I am not able to see even you properly…

Doc: What happened? Anything wrong with your eyes?

Me: No, I don’t think so.

I could make out that he was staring at me (his trademark) Then he checks my eyes first, then my BP

Doc : You have very high BP…..

Then we discuss and I goes out of the clinic with a prescription.

Yes, when you are stressed out and if you think that it started affecting your day to day life, its high time you address it. Medication works for the short term (and to get an immediate relief) and Meditation/Yoga is the best for the long run.

If you are stressed out, you could face the following issues:

Headache
Chest pain
Pounding heart
High blood pressure
Shortness of breath
Muscle aches
Back pain
Clenched jaws
Tooth grinding
Stomach upset (including ulcer)
Constipation
Diarrhea
Increased sweating
Tiredness
Sleep problems
Weight gain or loss
Sex related problems
Skin breakouts
Anxiety
Restlessness
Worrying
Irritability
Depression
Sadness
Anger
Mood swings
Job dissatisfaction
Feeling insecure
Confusion
Burnout
Forgetfulness
Resentment
Guilt
Inability to concentrate
Seeing only the negatives
Overeating
Under eating
Angry outbursts
Drug abuse
Excessive drinking
Increased smoking
Social withdrawal
Crying spells
Relationship conflicts
Decreased productivity
Blaming others

No comments: