Monday, December 17, 2007

New Year Gifts !

What has happened to me? I have never been like this. Three mails are pending. One to one of my cousins and two to my friends. Usually I do reply within a day or two. Yes, it is true that I was bit lazy than busy, these days.

“Jay, friends are like gifts”

Said one of my friends and it sounded true to me. This is Christmas/New Year time, a big festive time and a time of exchanging gifts. God was very kind to gift me with friends this month, both new and old.

I had a friend, may be a friend whom I trusted very much and I lost him about 7 years ago. He gave me a surprise call this weekend. It was he who broke the friendship and now he joined it. And I even talked to his mom who was a mother figure for me too. We were colleagues and now he is in a very good position and traveled to US and UK, officially. I got updated that the company I was working with, before moving to this city, grown like a giant and now has got 90 branches including one at Dubai.

I happened to talk to a couple of friends in Philippines. I used to talk about a friend of mine with whom I spent many Christmas…I called him up and did not hesitate to admit that I missed him. A lost friendster friend of mine came back. I got some new friends too.

Last Saturday I visited my brother-in-law. To see his seven month old daughter. This baby had some ‘issues’ with me. Usually babies like me. It all started when I took her without her knowing and seeing my face all of a sudden. I knew it that we are not supposed to take a baby like that….. But this time she was very friendly and allowed me to take her and she was all smiles and it was like she paying it back with interest.

I don’t know how many of my friends miss me. Comments are not always truthful. (No offence meant to anybody but just after adding as friend, if somebody post ‘ You are my best friend’ , its bit hard to digest). But I have a feeling that some of them like me, proving that friendship is beyond country, culture and religion. I don’t know whether they miss me or not, I don’t know whether they love me (as a friend) or not…but isn’t a good feeling to know that somebody missed you?


On the other side, two of my friends fell ill. One of them is yet to recover, fully. It is not at all a good feeling to know that one of our friends fell ill. But I think, they are leaving the unwanted things behind and getting ready for the New Year..May be the New Year has more good things to offer to them..

So, so far, this month connected me to many of my friends. Dear friends, you are all gifts to me…Thank you all for giving me a feeling that I too have somebody in this world..

No comments: